2/21/2017 – HB284 Introduced
2/9/2017 – SB164 Introduced
2/7/2017 – SB57 Introduced
2/3/2017 – Health Insurance Coverage for Autism Therapies – please advocate
6/29/2016 – United Healthcare announces ABA coverage
5/5/2016 – Senate Bill 379/House Bill 379
4/7/2016 – Autism PSA
4/5/2016 – Legislative Update
3/28/16 – Autism Insurance Reform Update –
3/17/16 – Autism Insurance Reform Update – Governor’s Working Group Identified
3/9/16 – #AutismMatters Insurance Update
2/24/16 – Email, write or call members of the senate
2/22/16 – The next step in #AutismMatters
2/3/16 – Please Sign the Petition to Support Insurance for Families affected by Autism
Did you know Alabama is one of 5 states that does NOT provide insurance coverage for the 50,000 families affected by autism? Our state needs a change – and we need your help to make it happen! Using #AutismMatters post a photo of you, family, friends, classmates, co-workers, teammates, church friends, roommates or even your pets and lets show Alabama legislators, Autism Matters. You do not have to be directly affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder to send us a photo. Please show the autism community that you care.
Click here for Autism Insurance Facts
Ways to Get Involved
- Get to know your legislators by county here.
- Write to your representative with testimony on why insurance coverage is needed for families.
- Attend Autism Legislative Day at the State Capitol, Tuesday March 7, 2017.
- Can’t attend?
- Send letters on your behalf to 4217 Dolly Ridge Rd Birmingham, AL 35243 Attn: #AutismMatters
- Email us on your behalf to [email protected] with the subject: #AutismMatters
- Join us at community events. You can find the ASA calendar here.
- Publicize the info with any connections you have!
- Post, tweet or share facts about autism, lack of insurance coverage, why we need this in Alabama using #AutismMatters.
- Attend one of 15 Walk for Autism & 5K Race to Solve the Puzzle* events throughout the state during April.
- Invite 5 friends to use #AutismMatters and ask others to do the same.
- Explain to everyone what insurance coverage would mean to your family.
Read the AL.com article here.